State Health officials announced Tuesday, April 21, that an employee at Get-N-Go at 57th Street and Cliff Avenue in Sioux Falls has tested positive for COVID-19. The individual reported working while able to transmit the virus to others.
The employee worked during these times:
- Friday, April 10- 8 am-3 pm
- Saturday, April 11- 4 pm-Midnight
Due to the risk of exposure, customers who visited these locations during the specified dates should monitor for symptoms for 14 days after the date they visited.
State Health officials remind all South Dakotans to:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
· Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Refrain from touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
· Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
· Individuals at higher risk for severe COVID-19 illness, such as older adults and people who have chronic medical conditions like heart, lung or kidney disease, should take actions to reduce your risk of exposure.
If you develop symptoms:
· Call your health care provider immediately.
· Individuals who are concerned they have COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider via phone before going to a clinic or hospital to prevent spread in healthcare facilities.
· Avoid contact with other people.
· Follow the directions of your provider and public health officials.