MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – The North Dakota cross country teams ran against some of the top teams in the country at the Roy Griak Invitational on Friday morning. The UND men finished 15th in the 8K with 415 points, while the Fighting Hawk women took 18th in the 6K with 501 points.
Luke Labatte set the tone in the men’s race, finishing 45th with a personal-best time of 25:08.2. Justin Jelaca was the next finisher for UND and took 83rd with a PR time of 25:40.6. Patrick Kipkemboi was the third Hawk to cross the finish line and was 101st in 25:59.2. Alec Nelson was the fourth UND finisher with a time of 26:27.7 to finish 133rd. Zach Long rounded out the top five for UND to take 145th to cross in 26:40.9.
In the women’s race, Jadyn Keeler led the way, finishing 74th in 22:14.7. Conny Wohlfart was the next Fighting Hawk to cross the finish line and was 109th with a time of 22:57.6. McKenzie Burian was third for UND and took 111st in 23:00.5. Mikayla Weiss and Greta McLagan rounded out the top five for North Dakota in 169th (24:15.3) and 170th (24:17.0).
UND Point Scorers (6K)
74. Jadyn Keeler – 22:14.7
109. Conny Wohlfahrt – 22:57.6
111. McKenzie Burian – 23:00.5
169. Mikayla Weiss – 24:15.3
170. Greta McLagan – 24:17.0
174. Anna Bernhardt – 24:24.8
182. Eliana Malnourie – 24:34.9
UND Point Scorers (8K)
45. Luke Labatte – 25:08.2 – PR
83. Justin Jelaca – 25:40.6 – PR
101. Patrick Kipkemboi – 25:59.2
133. Alec Nelson – 26:27.7
145. Zach Long – 26:40.9
149. Eric Weiss – 26:43.2
154. Aj Ash – 26:53.0
· All of the top-five Hawks on the men’s side finished better than they did at the 2021 Roy Griak Invitational.
· The UND men defeated one power five school in the University of Miami.
· Four of the top-five UND runners on the women’s team finished better than they did at the 2021 Roy Griak Invitational.
UND will have the next two weekends off before heading to Peoria, Ill., on Oct. 14 for the Bradley Pink Classic.