Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Suspected In Death Of NW MN Fisherman

(White Earth, MN) — Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected as the cause of death for a northwestern Minnesota fisherman. Police were called to a fish house on Norcross Lake on Saturday and found a 37-year-old man unresponsive inside the structure. Police later identified the man as Nathan Ray of Borup and said he died before he could be taken to a hospital. Minnesota authorities have warned ice fishermen about using gas heaters in their fish houses, saying carbon monoxide can build up quickly without proper ventilation.

Latest news