Fire Causes Damage To Sioux Falls Home

(Sioux Falls, SD) — Sioux Falls Fire Rescue wants to remind residents of the importance of having working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors after a fire took the life of a dog and caused significant damage to a home on Tuesday. In the afternoon, firefighters responded to a structure fire in the 18-hundred block of South Sertoma Avenue. There was smoke and fire in the first level of the building and it extended to the second floor. Crews struggled getting into the home because of the intense flames but continued extinguishment efforts from the outside. It took firefighters 30 minutes to put out the fire and there were no injuries reported. It’s unclear if the people who lived in the home are displaced.

Latest news